Campaign of the Month: March 2016
Ptolus, City by the Spire
Comprising the square itself and the area surrounding it in about a five- or six-block radius, Delver’s Square lies near the center of Midtown, on Center Street between Tavern Row and Lower God Row. It serves as a central focus for adventurers who come to the city. Originally called Runihan Square, the place was named after the heroic fighter Abesh Runihan, who slew the evil ghost-lich Kagrisos as it was about to loose a terrible plague upon the city. A fourteen-foot statue of Runihan stands in the center of the square before a round fountain.
Aside from hosting a number of businesses, most of which cater to adventurers, Delver’s Square also contains the main entrance to the Undercity Market: a wide staircase right behind the statue. Businesses in the actual Delver’s Square (not the entire neighborhood) include:
- The Bull and Bear Armory – Armorer
- Danbury’s – wizardly pub
- Ebbert’s Outfitters – Adventuring equipment
- The Ghostly Minstrel – Inn / tavern / restaurant, caters specifically to adventurers
- Myraeth’s Oddities – Buys/sells magic items and other adventuring loot
- Potter’s Hostel – Cheap lodging
- Rastor’s Weapons – Weapons
- St. Gustav’s Chapel – Church of Lothian
The Delver’s Square neighborhood includes the nearby infamous Tavern Row, a street of many bars, inns, and restaurants.